The Grateful Autistic

The thoughts of a reborn woman.

Experiences of being proud to be AUTISTIC and TRANSGENDER while losing my religious faith and discovering spiritual freedom.

Words of love and gratitude and life in the wonderful city of Newcastle Upon Tyne.

Thursday 13 October 2016

From Deansgate To The Canal - Photos of Manchester, 24th June 2016


Blob Thing is currently writing about one of the days out he had with me.  It seems like a long time ago.  That's possibly because it was quite a long time ago.  I've been enjoying looking through pictures as he's been choosing photos for his blog posts and I wanted to post some of them myself.

These were all pictures taken on 24th June.  We had already visited the John Rylands library which was enjoyable - although I prefer the relaxed atmosphere in the Lit & Phil Library here in Newcastle.  At some point I want to visit the Working Class Library in Salford too, and perhaps combine that with the main Salford art gallery, staring at paintings by Lowry until I get bored with them or get thrown out of the gallery for singing the number one hit by Brian and Michael.  Trivia:  That record featured backing vocals by the St Winifred's School Choir who (unless the feat has been repeated) are thus the only act ever to have been a one hit wonder twice.  Trivia two:  Spirit in the Sky has been a one hit wonder for three different acts.  I used to love my music trivia and it is a great relief to everyone that I have forgotten most of it.

It was a great day out, including plenty of surprises.  It's easy to get surprised when you walk in a city you don't know well and have very few specific plans.  If you're visiting a museum you know that you're visiting a museum.  If you intentionally get lost you never know what you might find.  My only plan that day was to wander to the canal and walk along it.  Bookshops weren't planned until I was on the bus - and I totally failed to buy books of Greater Manchester walks.  The library wasn't planned either but it was there.  Roman ruins weren't planned.  Just the canal.

So here are a few pictures of the first part of the post-library wandering undertaken by Blob Thing and myself.  The first picture is chronologically the last in this post.  But if I put it first I know that people on Facebook will have to put up with seeing my face when I share it.  A picture of me with Beetham Tower behind me, rather than Deansgate with Beetham Tower behind it.  Sometime I want to go to the top of that tower.  On a very clear day.  From there you can see Snowdonia and the sea.  I'm quite amazed by that because it's a long way from Manchester to the sea.  One day I will find out whether the claims are true.  Maybe the owner will let me into his penthouse suite.  Or give me a chance to walk on the roof.  Maybe not!

I'm not going to talk about these pictures at all.   They're self explanatory.  Here you are:  Part one of the day, from Clare to Pukeko.  Really.

























No comments:

Post a Comment